News:

retro-link - your friendly all-inclusive retro EVERYTHING community

Main Menu

The Expendables 2

Started by RobertB, August 21, 2012, 10:55:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobertB

Just like its predecessor, The Expendables (from 2010), The Expendables 2 is a movie that harks back to the action hero movies of the 1980s.  Released last Friday, The Expendables 2 brags an even larger cast of classic stars than its predecessor - Sylvestor Stallone, Arnold Schwarzenneger, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Chuck Norris, and Bruce Willis.  There are newer stars, like Jason Statham, Jet Li, Liam Hemsworth, and more.  And of course, this sequel promises a higher body count than the previous movie.  :)
    This upcoming weekend I intend to see it and bask in all its action hero mindlessness.  ;)

What a way to relax,
          Robert Bernardo
          Fresno Commodore User Group
          http://videocam.net.au/fcug

RobertB

Quote from: RobertB on August 21, 2012, 10:55:07 PM...this sequel promises a higher body count than the previous movie.  :)
Oh, yeah!  The body count was far higher!  ;)  And there were at least two instances of the moment, when "oh, you just happened to show up".  ...And some questions, like "wait... if they are going down the river in boats, how did the others get to the seaplane?"  ...And some action hero truisms, like "don't hide behind anything when you're shooting... just stand out in the open and you'll be able to blow away everybody else."  Whoa!  1980's flashback!
     However, I think E2 is a more straightforward story than E1, i.e., E1 was a bit more convoluted.  E2 seems to have had a bigger budget, too, with large vistas and hundreds more extras and stuntmen... oops, I mean townspeople and bad guys.  Just like E1, E2 had a bit of hero introspection but not too much to weigh down the movie.  Just like E1, E2 had that kind of action hero banter which always proves humorous.

Thumbs up to the Expendables 2,
          Robert Bernardo
          Fresno Commodore User Group
          http://videocam.net.au/fcug