News:

retro-link - your friendly all-inclusive retro EVERYTHING community

Main Menu

MPS803

Started by Rorshach, March 06, 2009, 08:50:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rorshach

Hellooo.

I have an MPS803 with a damaged ribbon cable for the print head.  Since replacing that means replacing the print head I am looking for one.  I'll also consider a whole MPS803.  I'd like to get my dark greay MPS803 working for my Commodore 16 setup working.  I find it useful for programming and having a printout handy of my basic or ML program while working on my software.  I may be interested in the TU83 tractor feed unit as well if possible.  For basic commodore printer these are useful, it even fits the old tv stand I now use for holding my C16, 1531 and 2 1541's plus ribbons are still available for the time being.

Paul

You're in luck.  I have an MPS-803 printer that's practically falling apart, except for the print head mechanism.  It was a not-so-good eBay deal that doesn't load the paper properly anymore, and the face plate keeps falling off.  That said, the print head mechanism still works fine.  It's yours for the taking; send me a PM if you're interested.

I'm currently using an MPS 801, but I'm actually interested in getting an MPS 802.  That was my first ever printer, and I always liked the blocky way it printed text. 
"Life and death are of supreme importance. Time swiftly passes by and opportunity is lost. Each of us should strive to awaken. Awaken. Take heed, do not squander your life." - Dogen Zenji

Rorshach

Hi Digitalquirk

Can you keep that MPS803 around until I can get the print head from you?  If I get a chance to grab an MPS802 I'll keep it aside for ya.  Btw, do you know if the MPS802 ribbons are still available?

Paul

Consider the MPS 803 yours.

As for ribbons, I didn't give it much thought.  I suppose I figured I'd cross that bridge when I got there.
"Life and death are of supreme importance. Time swiftly passes by and opportunity is lost. Each of us should strive to awaken. Awaken. Take heed, do not squander your life." - Dogen Zenji

Rorshach

Hey there,

Whats a good time to make arrangements for the MPS803?

Paul

Shoot me a PM while I dig out my schedule.   :)

Rorshach

I got the print head into my own MPS-803 now and it is working quite well again. My programming is back underway again.

Paul

Glad to hear that you got some good use out of it.   :)