News:

retro-link - your friendly all-inclusive retro EVERYTHING community

Main Menu

Why hasn't your account been approved yet?

Started by Paul, March 29, 2009, 12:02:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul

Some of you may have applied for access and may be wondering why your account hasn't been approved yet.  I wrote this message to explain why this might be.

There are people out there bent on destroying a forum such as this, and we usually refer to these people as spammers and trolls.  This goes entirely against the nature of retro-link.com, which is intended to be a friendly, mature place for retro computing hobbyists to gather.  As such, all accounts must be manually approved.

There are a couple of ways to ensure your account gets approved at retro-link.com.  The first is to send me an e-mail at paul@retro-link.com, telling me a little bit about your interests in retro computing.  This demonstrates to me a genuine interest, which the trolls and spammers usually don't have.  The other is by having an existing member of retro-link.com vouch for you. 

I thank everyone for their interest, and I look forward to reading about your hobby.
"Life and death are of supreme importance. Time swiftly passes by and opportunity is lost. Each of us should strive to awaken. Awaken. Take heed, do not squander your life." - Dogen Zenji