News:

retro-link - your friendly all-inclusive retro EVERYTHING community

Main Menu

Getting Atari 8bit setup going again

Started by Rorshach, March 14, 2009, 11:39:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rorshach

Greetings Programs,

I am now getting my 130XE setup going again. I have a 130XE 1050 with us doubler 810 drive, with PR connection (2 RS232 and printer).  In a short bit I will also have a 1010 program recorder going and perhaps a 2nd 810 or my ATR8000 going on it as well.  Soon enough I'll have another shelving unit to give it a more permanent spot to live in my bedroom. Will be a bit like how many of us started out as kids with our systems setup in our bedrooms long before we had other places for our funtabulous 8bits.

Of course I will still keep up with my other 8bit interests such as Commodore & TI99/4a too.

Rorshach

Well as fate has it I must replace the keyboard mylar in my 130XE so my upgraded 600XL is in its place temporarily. I will be ordering the part for the keyboard from Best electronics (run by Bradley Koda, a really good dealer). Being as the 130XE has lasted 20 years with no other repairs its done me pretty well and will continue to do so. Unlike some of my other retro gear the 130XE is original to me with no previous owners that is.

Rorshach

The fickle finger of fate has struck again. I got the keyboard mylar for the 130XE today but after some of the afternoon mucking about with it I got it going with only one key still to get going. I had to borrow a few parts from the 65XE keyboard to keep it going so now I have another repair project to work on later.