News:

retro-link - your friendly all-inclusive retro EVERYTHING community

Main Menu

RTN retro tv network

Started by Rorshach, May 07, 2010, 02:59:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rorshach

Greetings again,

I used to watch this on satelite until iits removal from the satlite my dish is pointed at.  It is/was a good channel almost entirely of older tv shows from the 50's through the 1980's.  I have heard it might be on one of the buffalo or rochester stations as a subchannel now that american tv is all digital.  Does anyone know who in buffalo or rochestor carries it.  I do have a clear shot across lake ontario but its somewhat dubious if a good roofmount yagi-uda will capture enough signal to even make it viewable.

RobertB

I know that in the Los Angeles area there is a local channel that continually shows retro t.v. shows, like Mission: Impossible and Mannix.

Truly,
                Robert Bernardo
                Fresno Commodore User Group
                http://videocam.net.au/fcug
                July 24-25 Commodore Vegas Expo 2010 - http://www.commodore.ca/forum
                and click on ComVEX

Rorshach

I have found it on a free to air satelite (not the bootleg dish network or bell) but with my luck its on a C-band transponder which I cant recieve as it is low power requiring a rather large dish (10 feet) and c band LNB both of which I dont have.

Rorshach

As an update to this old topic I've found RTN again. At least for those of us in broadcast range of  Buffalo NY. That is of course a dtv reciever. A friend who ditched his bell tv subscription and now uses a roof mount antenna can pickup rochester, buffalo, toronto, even hamilton & ottawa quite well.  RTN is now carried on WGRZ's digital transmitter, if I remember correct 2-1 and 2-2 are WGRZ's main channel in SD & HD, while 2-3 or 2-4 is RTN which was SD only last time I saw.

Paul

Retro TV is channel 2-3 for me, and it comes in great.  If you can get that one, then you should also be able to get 49-2, which broadcasts music videos.  Often, these videos are of the retro variety.
"Life and death are of supreme importance. Time swiftly passes by and opportunity is lost. Each of us should strive to awaken. Awaken. Take heed, do not squander your life." - Dogen Zenji