News:

retro-link - your friendly all-inclusive retro EVERYTHING community

Main Menu

Different sinclair models

Started by Rorshach, March 18, 2009, 10:14:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rorshach

It would be cool if this area covered more Sinclair models other than spectrum only. I for one never had a spectrum and most North American people didn't. But like many I do have a TS1000 and I think many others had the ZX80 or ZX81 and a few even had the QL too which was sold as the TS2068. I do remember seeing computer magazine articles about the 2068 and wanting one but I never did get one. Despite its short availability it was one of the first 68000 computers available to the public at an affordable price. Shows the Macintosh was not first nor was it truly affordable.

harbitk

The TS2068 cpu was a Z80 just like the Spectrum. The Sinclair QL (for quantum leap) had a 68008 processor. It was available about a year (I think) before the 386. I have both, the TS2068 still works. I use it mostly for games. My QL doesn't have a power supply, Ive been meaning to build one but haven't had much time lately. 

Ken Harbit
Ken Harbit

Paul

If this section becomes more active, I will definitely expand it as per Rorshach's recommendation.  I have decided to change the name to reflect the broader range, however.
"Life and death are of supreme importance. Time swiftly passes by and opportunity is lost. Each of us should strive to awaken. Awaken. Take heed, do not squander your life." - Dogen Zenji