News:

retro-link - your friendly all-inclusive retro EVERYTHING community

Main Menu

RetroTV on NetFlix

Started by Paul, December 05, 2010, 07:23:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul

We Canadians just got Netflix this year, and while they don't have everything, it's pretty impressive what they do have for only $7.99 a month.  I'm currently catching up on one of my all-time retro favourites, Red Dwarf.  Very cool since it featured a Commodore 64 in an episode of Season One.

Definitely a great resource for catching up on some of the classics.
"Life and death are of supreme importance. Time swiftly passes by and opportunity is lost. Each of us should strive to awaken. Awaken. Take heed, do not squander your life." - Dogen Zenji

Rorshach

I have not tried netflix yet but I could. The main obstacle is the unjustifiable usage limits many ISP's including mine put on what we already pay enough for. Something I have been doing lately is converting my existing collection which is quite large to divx for SD and mp4 for HD. I've setup an old dell P4 system with more ram, larger HDD and installed PS3 Media Server software (a free DL for home use).  Despite the name it streams quite well to either a PS3 or Xbox 360 (I have tried both). Since I plan on putting 1 system on the HDtv upstairs the family normally uses it should work well providing a netflix like experience without the excessive overages.